Saturday 29 December 2012

Parents to BE

I am almost 27 weeks PREGNANT! 'Over the moon BUT cautious' describes how I feel.  It was not an easy journey getting to this point but it is an amazing feeling to be here. And I just hope it continues to go well for us.
It started with tons and tons of these (this is the least scary one)............to be honest they were not FUN but were not as bad as I thought they would be...I just kept the end goal in mind with each injection.
Then a lot of waiting and hoping.....I did a lot of healthy eating-especially protein to help my little eggs GROW. I also did some visualisation CDs at nighttime...I recommend the Zita West CD. And then we were called in for egg collection which went very smoothly and there was NO pain and then the BIG transfer day.  We just kept everything crossed that this was OUR time and things would work for us.
AND IT DID and we were OVERJOYED! 
although I was sent to the hospital for 5 days with Ovarian Hyper Stimulation and a stomach so full of fluid that I gained over 1.5 stone in 4 days (about 21 lbs)
Sorry for the grainy picture but this is our little bundle of joy all healthy and growing as it should be!
But it has taken a LONG time for me to start this blog.....because you always think 'it is too good to be true' and do not want to jinx anything.
But this is the start of our journey to becoming first time parents!

1 comment:

  1. Finally!!! I've been waiting for an entry for this blog of yours. Can't wait to read about your journey into motherhood. Looking forward to your future posts! YAY!!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS