Saturday 5 January 2013

We are having a...........

I knew right from the moment I found out I was pregnant (if not before) that I wanted to know the gender of the baby.  I am not very good with surprises and just wanted to KNOW what we were having.  SO the next decision was HOW would we find out??? I hated the idea of being told in the clinical 'scan room' by someone I barely knew.......we both agreed that would take away the magic!  So we decided to look across the pond to get some ideas.........
Coloured balloons is a SUPER CUTE way to reveal the gender! See more pics here
Cut into to the cake...what colour will it be?
Fortune cookies..GENUIS! 
All of these were fantastic ideas, however, I couldn't bear the idea of someone else knowing the gender of the baby and not US (plus to be HONEST I couldn't be bothered with all the organising)....so we decided we would keep it simple.  My husband printed BOY or GIRL onto card and we asked the woman who was carrying out the scan to circle the gender and put it into a sealed envelope.  
"What do you want me to do?????" was her reply....obviously the FIRST time she had ever heard of anything like this before.....after explaining she agreed although I think she thought we were BONKERS..
So off we went to a lovely little coffee shop in a nearby village to open the envelope.  It was perfect....intimate and lovley. So we are having a .........................................................................
GIRL!!!!!!!!!
We are over the moon and obviously know this is not 100% accurate but the shopping has already begun!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jessica! I'm a fellow newbie blogger just stopping by to say hi and great blog! I LOVE the way you did this, I dearly wish I'd thought to do something similar when I had my scans, we were told were told by a stranger, twice, that we were having little girls. Although we were over the moon this is so much more memorable.

    I'll look forward to reading more!
    Kate @ Just Pirouette and Carry On...


    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS