Sunday 6 January 2013

Lemon & Poppy Seed- no better combo

I stumbled across an amazing blog today....London Bakes....this woman will keep me busy in the kitchen for the next wee while.......
I would describe myself as a 50/50 kind of baker.........basically 50% of the time I get it wrong and the other 50% I get it right...but I was on form today with these babies:
 Lemon and Poppy Seed muffins were adapted from London Bakes 
These are great for people who do not like SWEET muffins and play around with the different types of flour and sweetener
WARNING I am not a good photographer and use my i phone, hence to poor quality of pics 



Lemon and poppyseed spelt muffins
Adapted from London Bakes
Ingredients
  • 1 cup spelt flour
  • 1 cup wholemeal flour
  • 1/4 cup white flour
  • 1 cup brown sugar-soft
  • 3/4 tablespoons baking powder
  • 2.5 tablespoons poppy seeds
  • Zest of 3 large unwaxed lemons
  • 1 1/4 cup almond milk 
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil- to this I squeezed the juice of 1.5 lemons and added
  • Icing sugar to dust (only if desired)

Cooking Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 220C/425F. 
  2. Grease a muffin tin or use paper/silicone cases.
  3. Whisk all the dry ingredients together- I included the lemon zest
  4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla, and coconut oil.
  5. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and quickly combine; the key is not to OVER STIR just 10-15 seconds
  6. Fill the muffin tin 2/3rd of the way full and bake for about 10-15 mins 
  7. Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the tin before transferring to a wire rack.
  8. Once cooled on wire rack dust icing sugar and ENJOY

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS